Important information about your booking
Keys: Detailed directions and information about where to find the keys will be sent to you once you have paid your final balance.
Pool and garden maintenance: Pools need to be cleaned on a regular basis in order to maintain hygiene. Our pool engineers will normally call at your villa several times during your stay in order to check and clean the pool. This is necessary maintenance work and we ask you to be accommodating. Similarly the gardens have to be maintained and the gardeners may visit the villa during your stay.
Building Works and construction noise: Western Crete has become very popular with Northern Europeans building villas for permanent residence or for a second home. This has led to a boom in construction. The land surrounding ours is mostly quiet olive groves and we are not aware of any building works in the immediate area. However, we have no contol over this outside area and we cannot be held responsible for any building work that may commence in the future.
Power cuts and interruption of electric supply: these are common in Crete but they usually last for only a few minutes at a time. It is normal for the electric company to cut power during a storm, for example. Our villas are equipped with emergency lighting in the living room and upstairs hall, but you may find it useful to bring a torch.
Water supply and water saving: Water is often rationed and available direct from the mains supply only at night. So for your convenience each villa is equipped with 6,000 litre water tanks (topped up automatically overnight). This is a much larger capacity than most villas in the area. However, you should still try to conserve water wherever possible.
Complaints: If you have a complaint please notify the local property manager straight away so that they can work to rectify the problem. - in nearly all cases any problems can be fixed on the spot. From time-to-time appliances do fail and where it cannot be fixed straight away, an engineer will be called out the same day if possible.
Damage to property we accept that crockery/glasses will occasionally be broken. However we do expect that you will treat our villas and contents with due care and attention. Any damage that is not due to normal 'wear and tear' will be assessed by our managers and we will deduct the appropriate amount from your credit/charge card after discussion with you.
On departure, we expect you to follow a certain minimum standard of cleanliness and tidiness. At the minimum we expect:
Items left behind cannot be returned unless you pay for postage/carriage in advance and a minimum surcharge of £20 will be made. For valuable items that require insurance or bulky/heavy items, the full cost of postage, packing and insurance will be charged if more than £20.
Terms & Conditions of booking
1. Deposit (payable at the time of booking) is 25% of the total rental which, in the event of cancellation, is non-refundable. This deposit must be made by card (Mastercard, Visa, Switch etc). There is no surcharge for Debit Card payments, although Credit Cards are charged at an additional 3%.
2. Balance of the cost of your holiday is due on or before 2 calendar months before your arrival. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings where the balance has not been received by the due date.
3. The payment balance can be made by card, cheque or direct bank transfer. Details are sent with your confirmation correspondence.
4. Cancellation charges are:
5. We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you take out comprehensive travel insurance as protection in case of cancellation and to cover you for medical/travel costs should the unforeseen happen.
6. We endeavour to avoid making changes to your confirmed booking but occasionally we may have to do so. We reserve the right to do this only if absolutely necessary. If we have to make a change to your booking, we will tell you as soon as possible and we will offer you an alternative of equal comfort or offer you a full refund.
7. We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any diminished performance by us, our managers or other service supplier in the event of any event which could not have been foreseen including war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, disasters of any kind, adverse weather conditions, earthquake, fire and all other events outside our control.
8. We promise to provide your accommodation with all reasonable care. We do not accept responsibility if any death, injury, failure or deficiency arises through no fault of ours.
9. The promises we make about the accommodation are in accordance with the laws and regulations of Greece. In the event of any claim or complaint, the laws of Greece will be used as the basis for deciding whether the accommodation was properly provided. If the accommodation complied with the laws and regulations of Greece at the time, we will treat the accommodation as having been properly provided.
10. We reserve the right to alter the prices on our website at any time. However, the price you have contracted to pay is fixed in accordance with your confirmation letter.
11. SWIMMING POOL - PLEASE NOTE. There is no lifeguard at your private pool. Please ensure that children are not left unattended in or around the pool area and follow pool rules
- do not swim immediately after eating
- do not swim while intoxicated
- do not swim at night
- no glassware around the pool area
- no running around the pool area
- ALL CHILDREN TO BE ATTENDED AT ALL TIMES
12. When paying the deposit, you agree that you have read, understood and accepted these Terms & Conditions.